Alternative Dispute Resolution
A private settlement is nearly always better than litigation through trial. Our attorneys are experienced in all aspects and types of alternative dispute resolution techniques, including mediation before or after a suit is filed, and arbitration.
- Debtor-Creditor Disputes
- Enforcement of Judgments
- Commercial Contract Disputes
- Partner Disputes
Workouts, debt collection, unlawful detainers, bankruptcy litigation, and related actions.
Dissolution and Creditors' Rights
- Asset protection and liability risk minimization
- Business bankruptcy
- All aspects of business bankruptcy and assignments for the benefit of creditors, including representation of debtors, lenders, creditors committees, secured and unsecured creditors, acquirers and other parties-in-interest
- Pre-bankruptcy planning
- Restructuring and lending issues
- Bankruptcy implications in real estate and other commercial transactions
Elder Abuse Claims
Protection of senior citizen financial interests, establishment, defense and challenge of conservatorships.
- Preparation and review of franchise agreements
- Documentation of start-ups and established franchisors
- State registrations
- Annual disclosure compliance
- Enforcement within the franchise system
- Trademark work
- Lease and financing assistance
- Arbitrated and litigated disputes within the franchise system
Trademark, copyright, licensing, trade secret, unfair competition and restraint of trade litigation in state and federal court.
- Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Infringement Actions
Preparation of leases and other rental agreements; handling the eviction of tenants; preparation and processing of legal notices; handling all types of matters involving local governmental agencies and departments; handling issues involving compliance with ADA, including litigation; and representation of property management companies.
Representation of manufacturer, retainer and other in the stream of commerce for claim of injury arising out of products, especially the relationship of product liability and unfair business practices.
- Construction Defects
- Quiet Title
- Property Line Disputes
- Environmental Issues
- Inverse Condemnation
Construction matters ranging from habitability disputes involving single-family residences to large commercial and industrial projects and the prosecution and defense of mechanic's liens and related issues.
Representation of title insurance companies as well as individuals in disputes involving claims under title insurance policies.
Underground storage tank liability; hazardous waste regulation and compliance; soil and groundwater contamination remediation; and related insurance coverage matters.
Disputes involving the purchase, sale or construction of single family and multi-family residences; condominiums and commercial projects; easements and boundary disputes; title issues; condemnation and eminent domain; commercial real property transaction disputes; and fraud.
Will Contests and Trust Disputes
We represent trustees and personal representatives, as well as beneficiaries or heirs in will contests and related decedent's estate administration issues.
Copyright © 2000-2019 Brothers Smith LLP