Roger J. Brothers
Roger Brothers is a graduate of the McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific (J.D. 1984), and was accepted to the California State Bar in 1985. He attended California State University, Hayward, receiving his B.A. in 1980.
Mr. Brothers is a business and real estate attorney whose practice includes:
- General counsel services, including corporate counsel, business and succession planning and debt and equity financing.
- Transactional counsel services, including mergers and acquisitions, entity formation and operation, reorganizations and general commercial transactions.
- General counsel to high net worth clients concerning family succession planning including serving clients as “Family Office” CEO.
- Risk management services, including business/corporate litigation, construction litigation, real estate litigation, commercial landlord-tenant litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Real estate transactional counsel services, including purchase and sale of commercial real property, commercial leasing and related transactions.
Mr. Brothers also serves as mediator in disputes involving business, real estate and construction matters.
Mr. Brothers has authored business law articles including, “Acting as Counsel for Small Corporations” and “SOX Coming to a Privately Held Corporation Near You”, “Limiting the Adverse Effects of Employee Competition Following California’s Invalidation of Non-Competition Agreements”, “Succession/Exit Planning Issues and Considerations” and “Top Ten Succession Planning Considerations and Issues for Professionals.”
Mr. Brothers is fluent in Spanish.
Mr. Brothers has also been recognized in the respected legal publication of Northern California Super Lawyers for the years 2016-2023.