David S. Pearson primarily represents closely held businesses and their owners. His clients look to him to act as general counsel since it is unnecessary for most businesses to have a full time attorney on staff. David works with clients to resolve general business issues, whether it involves drafting and negotiating contracts, general business advice or litigation. On the corporate side, David handles general corporate matters, formation/dissolution, contract drafting and review, and merger and acquisition transactions among others. On the commercial real estate side, David handles buy/sell transactions, leasing and real estate litigation. David has represented clients directly in numerous general civil litigation matters.
Recent representative matters include:
- Resolution of two wage and hour class actions with one saving the client over $3,000,000;
- Six completed M&A transactions in the last 18 months – 4 sale side and 2 buy side;
- Numerous business formations both corporate and limited liability companies;
- Obtained $150,000 judgment in collections action;
- Defended breach of contract suit to California Supreme Court with success in fully dismissing two of five Plaintiffs saving client over $100,000;
- Numerous commercial lease matters from both landlord and tenant sides including lease drafting and review and commercial evictions on behalf of landlords.
- Represented clients in the purchase and sale of over $20M in commercial real estate.