After graduating from the University of California, Davis (BA, 1990), Mr. Smith attended the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law with a concentration in Business and Estate Planning. He graduated with distinction in 1994 and was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award in Business Planning and Development. Mr. Smith was admitted to the California Bar in 1994 and is admitted to practice in federal courts.
Mr. Smith is a business, estate and real estate attorney whose practice focuses on:
- Business, estate, probate and real estate litigation.
- Real estate transactions and counsel including commercial and residential purchase and sales, leases, options, easements and licenses.
- Commercial real estate litigation representing lenders, property management companies, agents, brokers and buyers/sellers in commercial leasing transactions, lien priority disputes, quiet title and fraud/non-disclosure disputes.
- Trust, estate and tax planning, business planning and family succession planning.
- General counsel to high net worth clients concerning business and family succession planning including serving clients as “Family Office” CEO.
- Business and corporate transactions including entity formation and operation, business transactions, mergers and acquisitions and other business reorganizations.
- Trust, estate and probate administration.
Mr. Smith also serves as a mediator in disputes involving trusts and estates, business, real estate and corporate matters.
Finally, Mr. Smith has been recognized in the respected legal publication of Northern California Super Lawyers for the years 2014-2018.